We are the United Nations Industrial Development Organization(UNIDO) Centre for South-South Industrial Cooperation in Beijing, (UCSSIC/China）. The establishment of the Centre aims to promote south-south cooperation in industrial development areas between China and other developing countries.
UCSSIC will provide a platform for the following activities:
· facilitating the analysis and possible adaptation in developing countries, particularly LDCs, of successful strategies and policy choices, institutional arrangements and best technological and managerial practices implemented by the emerging economies of the South towards sustainable industrial development;
· disseminating knowledge of lessons from best practices in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and entrepreneurship development in an internationally competitive environment;
· transferring and implementing specific practices and methodologies adopted for acquiring modern technologies, and assimilating, learning, adapting new technologies that suit the country-specific context;
· strengthening institutional networking and dovetailing industrial stakeholders’ interest in the effective transfer of technology, spreading the spill-over effects of foreign direct investment (FDI) on domestic capability building, and investment promotion partnerships for the transformation of selected raw materials.
· promoting environment- and energy-related projects for fostering environmentally friendly and economically efficient sustainable industrial development;
· promoting partnerships and increased trade and investment flows within the South; and
· replicating best practices in trade capacity building in order to facilitate trade flows between emerging economies of the South and other developing countries.
UCSSIC looks forward to cooperating with potential partners from around world for a better tomorrow!
In line with UN System Wide Initiatives UNGA 58/220 of 23 December 2003 and the UNDP South-South Cooperation Framework (2005-2007), UNIDO embarked on establishing UCSSIC in the emerging economies of the South, with a view to fostering South-South cooperation in the sphere of industrial development.